No More Bye-Byes

The pizza place down the road was celebrating their anniversary so they hung up one of those big red plastic things that sort of flaps around in the breeze.

The pizza place is on the direct route where I take the dogs for their ride each day.

Melky didn't care for the red guy.

The weeping pit bull as we call her, cowered in the seat next to me.

The next day...

...she wouldn't get in the car.

No big deal, right?

It makes my life easier not to have to take her bye-byes, but I do have another dog and Paris is of the opinion that the after dinner rides should continue.

But Melky won't go.

It's weird.

Especially weird for an OCD guy who is used to routines.

I've had conversations with Melky to try and get her back in the fold.

"The red guy is gone," I say.

The mere mention of the red guy brings discomfort.

Yet, on a much larger scale, it's interesting to me that the dog has irrational fears based on something that brings mental anguish.

Was she attacked by a big, red, plastic guy in an earlier life?

Does she feel that the big, red, plastic guy will somehow come to life and chase us down the road?

I don't know.

I just find it really interesting.

But worst of all...

...a dog who lived to go bye-byes...

...goes bye-byes no more.

I know!

It's illogical!!

But it makes me a little sad!!!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Suits

My Buddy, Dave

Mom & Ollie