Birthday Fall Out


Doesn't that look fairly natural.

Not sure that my position of outfielder is all that accurate though because I was a little challenged by judging the depth of the routine fly ball.

Plus I could never really get to the spot.

And I liked to drop it.

But I certainly could be a member of the 27-Time World Champion Greatest Franchise in the History of Organized American Sports.

And that photo came from Dan O'Neill - a renaissance man.

But the old celebration went okay...the Bills put a little bit of a damper on things because it made my kids sad.

(I tried to tell them).

But we had pasta - I went with ravioli - Kathy said I could make anything I wanted because it was my birthday.

And then we settled in for gifts and cake.

No gifts.

Evidently the family purchased the gift...

...and then lost it.

"Buy what you need," was what I heard.

But the cake!


That beautiful creation almost never came to be.

I was picking up the groceries, on my birthday morning, when I received a text from my beautiful wife.

"Get cake mix and frosting."

I wrote back:

"Awww, you remembered!"

And then she set off to baking!

Have I expressed that my wife is multi-talented?

Isn't that a beautiful cake?

They sang to me...a deep, heart-felt rendition of the birthday song, and then this:

"You don't have a candle."

I pretended to blow one out anyway!

What a beautiful day!!

I have to tell you...

...I've never quite felt so loved.

(In all seriousness...it was a good day...I spent time with the family and my dogs...and it only took me about twenty minutes to clean up the kitchen when the celebration was over).

Thank you all!!!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Suits

My Buddy, Dave

Mom & Ollie