You Are Like a Hurricane

There are storms in your eyes.

Can't help but think of Neil Young whenever I hear about a hurricane.

Many observations as beautiful Buffalo sits here pretty with 78 degrees and clear skies.

All those snow jokes don't seem quite so funny now, do they?

But I have a lot of sympathy. Water where it's not wanted just plain sucks. I've thrown many a fit when our basement has flooded and its so dirty, so aggravating, and so much work to get rid of the smell.

What I don't have sympathy for are the idiots who stand out in it. How can you be so senseless?

The news is reporting the death of a man who was out riding the waves. That's a shocker. That's an idiot. Death doesn't allow for mistakes. He won't be at work on Monday telling his friends how cool it was to ride the wave. Invigorating, huh?

There's no more invigorating left.

And the stupid weather dudes. One guy we were watching was reporting to us about the end of a pier being washed away. The wind was whipping, the rain was falling in sheets, and he was real adamant about staying inside as he showed us the damaged pier.

HE WAS STANDING ON THE OTHER END OF IT!

"I almost want to see him get washed out to shore," I told my buddy Jeff.

And I can't imagine what is going on in New York City today. That has to be a madhouse.

"Go to your homes," the mayor is saying.

Plenty of people there who don't have homes. Where should they go?

Another of the news accounts told me that people were being lifted off their feet as they were walking through the streets.

Stay home, people!

I can't even step off a curb anymore without getting hurt. I just can't imagine being flung down a city street.

78 and sunny!

Enjoy!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Suits

My Buddy, Dave

Mom & Ollie