The Code

Whew! I don't know about you but I just can't get enough about the Kardashian wedding. What was she wearing? Did it cover her entire fat ass? Did he whisper 'I love you?'

Who in the hell are these people?

Anyway, got back from a relaxing round of golf yesterday. Didn't care about the score. Didn't care about who won or lost. Just hit the ball, chased it and hit it again. Played okay as well. Golfed with just one other guy so we had a lot of time to chat about life.

The Kardashian wedding didn't come up.

Then I returned home just in time for a bag of ice and Gunsmoke.

Perfect.

The particular episode that I was watching was about Marshall Dillon being chased through the woods by a family of lunatics who spoke about the family code, the man code, respect, and doing things the right way, man on man.

Gunsmoke faded to Bonanza (the lawman got 'em all in Gunsmoke and taught them a little more about the code).

On Bonanza Little Joe and Adam were competing for the affection of one of the ladies that visited.

I was rooting for Little Joe, of course, but that doesn't mean I think he's cute.

Anyhow...

Ben and Hoss and Adam and Joe talked a lot about women and how they should be treated. They removed their hats whenever one of the women showed their presence. They held the door, they watched their language. All very respectful and in a way kind of weird.

Respect and the code of living right were reinforced in those types of shows every week. Kids saw that. Kids learned the code.

I imagine that if my kids had been watching with me yesterday they might have said something along the lines of:

Did Joe get the skank?

Did Dillon blast a cap in their ass?

Isn't little Joe cute?

I don't know. I just watched in amazement. Try tipping your cap or kissing the hand of a woman you're just meeting.

You'll most likely be scooped off the street for harassment.

I blame the Kardashians.

Comments

John said…
It was a great way to start a vacation. I won by the way.

Popular posts from this blog

Suits

My Buddy, Dave

Mom & Ollie