Bartolo Colon's Twin Wins the Hot Pepper Contest


The 27-time World Champion Yankees have a pitcher on their starting staff named Bartolo Colon. He looks a lot like the new hot pepper champion, Jeff Popple.

Yes, yes, Pops won. His steak filled pepper was just too much for the competition this year, and let me tell you, the competition was awesome.

I ate 10 peppers.

2 off of my career high.

I could have eaten 20!

They were that good.

About ten minutes or five peppers into the deal I knew my goose was cooked. My recipe was too pedestrian even though I spent about 60 bucks on cheese.

But this story is about Pops. A great chef and an even better guy.

He won and he deserved to win.

There's just one minor problem:

He isn't going to shut up about it for 365 days.

A man of Polish-heritage took home the ribbon.

That isn't entirely true, mind you, he studied under the greatest chef in the world: an Italian-German-American.

Comments

deafjeff said…
THE WINNER! Day 0. I will do my best to remind 365 times too! My goodness, Paulie's, Chuck's, Carrie's, and John Jeffrey's were outstanding. This is going be hard to ever place again.

Popular posts from this blog

Suits

My Buddy, Dave

Mom & Ollie