A Ghost of a Moon

I spent the late afternoon mowing the lawn and there was a ghost of a moon riding high in the sky above the house. I was spending a bit of time looking up because I certainly had a weird experience today.

You see today was the anniversary of Dad's death. I loaded the kids in the car with my mind on trying to share something with them about my Dad so I played King of the Road for them. In their rap-driven-beat the ho-shoot the glock-type of experience with music, they thought it was interesting but nothing more. Fine. I put the i-pod on shuffle and off we went.

Mellencamp's Man on the Moon came on. I found it interesting only because the main character is mad at the moon and one lyric says "He's 37 years old with six children."

That always amused me. I would have been mad at the moon as well in that predicament.

But then Sinatra made an appearance. I Get a Kick Out of You.

A cute coincidence.

American Land by Springsteen followed...Jeff's favorite song...and the hair on the back of my neck stood up.

"That's weird," Kathy said.

Bruce gave way to the Soprano's theme song and I laughed. Someone was telling us something.

Man at the Top by Bruce with the lyric, "Aim your gun, son, and shoot your shot, everyone wants to be the man at the top."

Was Dad still listening in? Was I reaching too hard for the message. You can make a message out of anything, right? This wasn't divine intervention. A simple coincidence that Bruce followed Frank. 2,000 songs, mind you...a dozen Sinatra? Maybe?

We got our second one. Summer Wind. Now the Bruce bumps were raising. Tears in the eyes when I heard ol' blue eyes sing: "I lost you to the summer wind."

"We get the message!" Kathy said. She had tears in her eyes as well.

Frank ended. We were three miles from the church.

This is where it gets weird.

The Beatles.

Let it Be.

There will be an answer.

Let it be.

Let it be.

That just can't be a coincidence.

Comments

John said…
There are no such things as coincidences!

Popular posts from this blog

Suits

My Buddy, Dave

Hot & Dusty