Tattoo You

One of the other benefits of attending a golf outing dinner at a bar on the beach (yes, we have beaches here in Buffalo) is that you get to spend a little time people watching.

There was a guy working as a bouncer at the club who stood about 5'5" tall and weighed about 280 pounds. There wasn't a lot of fat on the guy. He was one of the Sopranos-looking dudes with no neck to speak of. His right bicep also was home to a tattoo that was bigger than my head.

When he passed me by I nodded a hello and he sort of growled. I got a good look at the tattoo that said something about love and fear.

I had the fear part down.

Yet looking at his tattoo got me thinking, so I started to glance around at the people dressed for the sun.

Almost every single person has a tattoo. Men, women, even young girls. They all have some sort of marking.

It got me thinking about a cute, young girl I'd seen at the Wilson Farms convenience store. She had tattoos all over her face, down her arm and on her chest area. The one on her chest seemed to continue to the lower regions and there was no chance that I'd see that one in the complete form.

"Does getting a tattoo hurt?" I asked.

What a moron, right?

"Yeah, it's awful," she said.

I wanted to continue with: "Well, they look horrible," but I didn't.

"They look good," I said.

"Thank you. I have seven more planned," she responded.

Wow!

My brother-in-law always talks about getting a tattoo of the devil shoveling coal into his ass crack.

Other than that, I just can't see it.

I'm certainly in the minority these days.

Comments

deafjeff said…
I have mine all planned, just need to make the appointment.
Diane said…
tatts are where it's at cliffy!

Popular posts from this blog

Suits

My Buddy, Dave

Mom & Ollie