What's On the Agenda?

Yesterday I wanted to golf, but it rained hard. So, instead, I hung around the house, lecturing myself that there didn't have to be a list of things to do, and that I could relax.

I checked into Camp Clifford.

Let me tell you, there isn't a lot going on at the camp.

Kathy worked, mind you, so one of the camp leaders was gone. I got out of bed before six, which is a violation of camp rules, but I allowed the other campers to wake up naturally. (That wasn't easy for me to do, by the way).

Sam made an appearance around ten. I had already been to church and grocery shopping. The sauce was on and I'd had breakfast and read the entire paper.

"What're you going to do today?" I asked Sam.

"Little of this, little of that," he said. (The camp motto).

"You guys need to go to church," I said.

"What if they aren't up," Sam asked.

"It's mass at noon, they'll be up," I said. "Trust me."

We watched SportsCenter. At Camp Clifford ESPN is on a loop. They catch Sportscenter ten times.

"You cleaning your room?" I asked Sam.

"I was going to play COD."

A purely Camp Clifford answered.

At a few minutes after 11, I broke another camp rule.

"Get them out of bed," I said.

The day sort of went from there. I took a big Camp Clifford nap. Ate a big dish of pasta....the food is good at camp...and watched mindless television.

By the end of the day, I was bored out of my mind.

"What's on the agenda tomorrow?" I asked my beautiful wife, who was in full camp mode.

She laughed. "Don't really have an agenda," she said.

How do they live like this?

I'm going golfing!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Suits

My Buddy, Dave

Mom & Ollie