Little Notes From Above

Every other day or so I get a note from a reader of Oh Brother! The Life and Times of Jeff Fazzolari. Some days I get three or four notes. I certainly answer and treasure every single one.

The book was never intended to gain praise from people that I've never had the pleasure to meet. It certainly wasn't written with a National Book Award in mind, but what the hell? The more people who know about Jeff's life, the better, right?

I wrote it for my family only, but I should have considered that Jeff's life was way more powerful than that! Here are three notes that I received today. People who I've never met. People who reached out to me after reading along. If I never write another sentence...

Hi Cliff--

I just wanted to drop you a note to say I just read your book. A wonderful tribute to your brother Jeff.

Being from a large family myself I understand the love and bonds between siblings. Our parent’s greatest gift to us has been each other for sure.

Your thoughts and memories lift right off the pages making you feel like you are there among you. You have a gift writing the way you do.

May God Bless and keep you all in the palm of his hand.

Sincerely,

Margaret

Hi, Cliff!

I just finished reading Oh, Brother!. I think I went through a whole box of Kleenex. But I also laughed my butt off throughout the book. There are so many things I want to say about it, I don't even know where to start.

First, thank you for writing it.

All I could think while I read about your wonderful family and amazing, funny, loving brother was, "What a gift this book is". Such a gift to his children, your whole family and everyone who reads it who then stops, thinks about their relationships and learns to cherish them.

Also, I want to tell you how lucky you are. I know you know this, but despite the unspeakable loss, the grief, you and your family have had a richness and closeness that too many people never know or take for granted. Thanks for writing about all of it.

If aliens someday come here to Earth after we've wiped ourselves out, I hope it's your book they find so they can get an idea of what a truly good, honest, loving family was all about.

Anyhow, I felt compelled to let you know how much I liked the book and it's message. My mom wants to borrow it, but I'm not letting anyone get my copy. I will have to get several more copies to pass the gift on to my family members. Thanks again, and best wishes always to you and yours!

Wendy

Hi, Cliff!

I just finished reading Oh Brother! last night. What an amazing story you told...I would bet it was difficult to write, while at the same time, healing. His children (and all of your family members...whom I feel like I know well because of the book!) will treasure this book forever...such a great way to keep their father's memory alive!

Several years ago I read Nobody's Home...so dark, but I couldn't put it down! A great read...enjoy your blog, too!
Keep up the good work, Cliff!

All the best,

Brenda.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Suits

My Buddy, Dave

Hot & Dusty