The Tin Man

Now that's a good week. 90 holes of golf. Actually, it felt a lot like how I want my retirement years to go, but what are the chances that I'll be in better health by then?

Let's recap. I played 18 holes on Monday with a buddy...quick round. Lunch, home in time to spend the rest of the day with Kathy and the boys and make dinner.

Tuesday...a carbon copy of Monday. Hit the ball better. Watched a movie. Bed early.

Wednesday...wrote a little...home until late in the afternoon...another 18 holes...hit the ball downright well. Dinner and a movie with the kids. Watched baseball with Sam.

Thursday...Matt to college. Lots of thinking about the past. Another nice night with the family. Didn't hit a golf ball and felt like I was a bit stiff. I'd be okay.

Friday...a seven hour round of golf with 20 great friends in an annual event. By hole 15 I felt like swinging a club again would cause me to fall to the ground in a heap of pain. A lot of laughs though and I can really play the game sometimes...then again, I really can't sometimes too.

Saturday...do you believe another round of golf? I thought of the tin man. Remember how great he felt when they hit him with the oil can?

I may limber up by Tuesday or Wednesday.

But the mind is clear.

Where's my ball?

How far out are we?

Which way does this break?

Is the wind going to be a factor?

Those were the pressing questions of the week.

Celebrate living...every so often.

I can't wait to get back to work.

Carry me to bed.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Suits

My Buddy, Dave

Mom & Ollie