Nothing Feels Better than Blood on Blood


It is so heartwarming to see my kids hanging around with Jeff's kids.

It makes me want to cry when I see my brothers and sisters look at their nieces and nephews with love written all over their faces. My brother-in-law Chuck and my son Sam are great friends. My sisters and Jake tell jokes back and forth. Corinne and Sam behave as true siblings.

Carrie Lynn and Andrea and Nicole are thick as thieves.

We all crumble when John, Farrah and the Rock are in town and making us laugh.

Yet my favorite part of all of it is seeing how my boys react whenever they are around any of their cousins. James and Jake, Matt and Rocco, Nicole and Sam, Tony and everybody, Paige and Andrea, Farrah and James.

They all have unique relationships that reminds me so much of the friendships that I had with all of my cousins and my aunts and my uncles.

The Italian side of the family always seemed to be closer, but I see it with my nieces and nephews on my beautiful wife's side too.

Nothing feels better than blood on blood.

Sam and Rocco were battling back and forth today.

Throwing punches in the air.

Laughing.

Chasing each other all around the house.

And last night I arm-wrestled my own personal nemesis from childhood.

John pinned my right arm to the table in a little less than a second.

"It was closer than I thought," I told my sister-in-law Dana, and we all laughed.

The laughs come as easily as the tears have through the last few years.

We'd much rather be laughing.

Comments

Anonymous said…
Amen, my cousin. Growing up without siblings I envied your family, and grown up I thank God to have you all as my cousins. Will miss you all very much on Sunday.

Popular posts from this blog

Suits

My Buddy, Dave

Mom & Ollie