Taking a Break

There really should be a new rule about taking a vacation. They should give you the day off on get-away day because you really don't feel like doing too much because the anticipation is too much to take.

They should also give you the day off on the first day back so that you don't suffer from the return-to-work hangover.

And who the hell is 'they'?

You see, my problem is that I've really had to force myself to take time off. Over the last 20 years I've sort of got to the end of the year and was surprised by the fact that I'd forgotten to take my vacation.

So, this year, I set a week off in the distance and told myself that no matter what, I was going to take it. That's next week. And all of this week I've been feeling guilty.

Remember my blog from a couple of days ago about the couple on welfare and disability?

Don't they feel guilty?

I'm supposed to get 3 weeks off, I think. I feel like I'm stealing if I take one.

So what am I doing you ask?

Golf. See the family. Cart Matt off to school. Take Melky for a ride every day. Golf. Write. Watch According to Jim in the middle of the day. Golf.

I don't know, actually, but I will most likely golf.

Just want to put work away for a week.

And how am I spending get-away-day?

Working from 5:30 a.m. to 7 p.m.

Welfare and disability just might be easier.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Suits

My Buddy, Dave

Mom & Ollie