I Still Wanna' Be My Dog


There is no doubt that Melky is cool with the morning schedule. We discuss it each morning and she probably could recite it back to me at this point.

"Are you hungry?" I ask.

She doesn't answer.

"Do you have to go poopies?"

Again, nothing.

Yet by the time I'm ready to roll, she is too. She heads for the door knowing that her job is to eat, pee, and poop. During that time I drink a cup of coffee and eat a bowl of cereal.

I actually believed that Melky's schedule was cramped during the busy part of her day, but this morning as I poured my coffee I happened to glance out the window. As you can see, Melky was comfortable in a lawn chair where she could stare at the door. Knowing her, she was also weeping.

Moments later the day really took an exciting turn. I led her to the car and we went around the corner to get the papers.

Bad news. No squirrels, birds, rabbits, dogs or deer were out. The sky was threatening rain. I explained that all of the animals were probably still in bed.

"Lazy bastards," Melky most likely thought.

After all if she has to get up before she wants to, why don't the rest of them?

My dog has it made. She's currently napping.

She'll nap until dinner.

No doubt she's dreaming of sitting out on the deck.

Comments

Anonymous said…
When did Melky start her Communications Degree at Gannon?
Cliff Fazzolari said…
She didn't have problems with her degree. It was getting all her stupid friends through their programs that drove her crazy.

Popular posts from this blog

Suits

My Buddy, Dave

Mom & Ollie