The Natives Are Restless

It all started with Egypt and the overthrow of the government after the citizens got so tired of being oppressed.

Now we have Libya sort of wising up and threatening to overthrow Gadhafi and the oppressive regime there. Gadhafi had an interview today where he said that things were actually peaceful in his country.

If it weren't for the Charlie Sheen interviews he would have won the award for dumbest statements made all day.

But the biggest problems concerning Americans should be the unrest caused by crazy budgets established in Wisconsin and a bunch of other states, including New York. Unions are being threatened. Schools are being threatened. Gas prices are through the roof.

And Two and a Half Men is going off the air.

I give up on trying to find any sort of answers. I am sort of just sitting back watching it all unfold as the world seems to be spinning in a rather strange manner.

Is there a way out of it? Should America help Libya? Does Egypt need money? Do we have enough money to finish the wars in Iraq and Afghanistan?

Do we have any money left whatsoever? Who the hell knows? Why don't we print more?

Somehow it all has to be Bill Clinton and Monica Lewinsky's fault, right?

I do wonder about the tight budgets throughout the states. People don't want higher taxes, right? Yet every time there are budget cuts there are voices heard screaming throughout. Perhaps because they are cutting things that shouldn't be cut, and leaving things alone that must be reduced...like salaries and benefits for those making the rules.

Like I said, I just don't know anymore. I was raised on Gilligan's Island though and I recognize unrest when I see it.

I can almost hear the professor explaining it all to Gilligan and the Skipper:

"The natives are restless."

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Suits

My Buddy, Dave

Mom & Ollie