Lucky They Don't Follow My Foursome

I see Cheetah Woods got in trouble for spitting on the green the other day. He was fined a lot of money and there have been a number of stories written about the horrible act.

Now I'm no fan of Cheetah, but give me a break...spitting? With the golf foursomes that I've been in through the years, spitting was the least of our offenses. There really may not be a bodily fluid that didn't show up. Beer, tobacco spit, hell even a little urine all made appearances on our greens. Not to mention the unfixed ball marks and the huge divots we made with clubs that were thrown in frustration.

Cheetah apologized profusely, took the nickels out of his pocket to pay the thousands of dollars fine, and will live to see another day. It thrills me to know that he and I have won the same amount of tourneys over the last 18 months or so.

Another story that is starting to get to me is the one about the people who didn't get into the Super Bowl because the NFL screwed up the tickets.

Now I'm no fan of the NFL and their money-hungry approach to everything, but they are really going to take a bath on this one. Some of those fans are demanding $10,000and tickets to the next four Super Bowls as a way of being paid back for having their plans ruined.

Certainly it is a huge problem for those that made the trip and then had to watch it on television, like the rest of us slobs,and I'm sure there was a lot of anger involved, but its no excuse to quit your job now, sue the NFL, and cash checks against the fact that you may never have to work again because you showed up in Dallas and your seat wasn't available.

Besides, there is a bright side...you didn't have to look at the Black-Eyed Peas pretending to be real entertainers.

And how about the poor bastard who was in the 'Never Missed a Super Bowl' club? They made a commercial and a degree of fame was achieved by the members. No sooner did the commercial come out that one of them got sick, missed the Super Bowl, and then up and died.

Talk about jinxing yourself.

All the talk about golf has me chomping at the bit to get rid of this freaking snow and get back out there with the Grape Apes to hit a few balls, damage a couple of greens, drink a few and laugh a lot.

Unfortunately, that is at least 60 days away, right?

It's enough to make me want to spit.

Comments

deafjeff said…
Let's head south, I was itching to get the war clubs out today.
Larry L said…
It was 70 degrees here today, come on down.

Popular posts from this blog

Suits

My Buddy, Dave

Mom & Ollie