Hit By A New Car

Years and years ago my mother and father were in a fierce discussion about something at the dinner table. Tensions were high and we were all relieved when my mother, searching for a perfect comeback told my father: "You'd bitch if you were hit by a new car."

Of course that is a variation of the 'hung with a new rope' cliche, but my mother was looking for more. It didn't get the reaction she was looking for: my father laughed uproariously. We all laughed. And for years, whenever someone complained the idea that they'd bitch if hit by a new car has entered my warped mind.

Today it seems that everyone I ran into would bitch if they were hit by a new car.

We didn't get 16 inches of snow in hot and dusty Buffalo today. In fact, the storm was a whimpering little dusting when you get right down to it. It rained and the roads were greasy and then a few inches of snow fell.

Hell, that's Mid-May around here.

Yet people wanted to complain. The same people that pissed and moaned about the coming storm yesterday, bitched about the weatherman today.

The ones who were complaining that the brutal forecast should lead to children being off of school, were crying that THE KIDS WERE OFF OF SCHOOL TODAY!

It's enough to drive you nuts! Bitch and moan. Piss and whine.

Yeah, the weather is not an exact science, and there are a lot of people crying today that they'd like to have a job where they get it wrong 50% of the time and still get paid.

I got news for many of you: you do have that job. Nobody is perfect. Err on the side of caution. All of that.

Stop whining about everything. Don't play both sides of the fence on every issue.

I swear.

You'd bitch if you got run down by a brand new Ferrari.

Comments

deafjeff said…
Who the hell roots for snow? Crazy folk.

Popular posts from this blog

Suits

My Buddy, Dave

Mom & Ollie