I Got A Feeling

I suppose I could start out by saying I picked the Super Bowl winner before the season started.

Or that Pittsburgh represented themselves wonderfully again in the big game, and that the game was wildly entertaining throughout. Who really believed that Green Bay would hold them off?

I didn't think it was going to happen.

I could talk about Christina singing the National Anthem like Leslie Nielson in Naked Gun:

"And the rockets were there. There were bombs everywhere."

But it all has to start with the halftime show.

For the first time in a few years, my kids were fired up. Bruce and the Who didn't do it for them.

"How old are they?" they kept asking.

So I sat quietly and waited to be entertained...until it was over.

That group of whatever you call them, certainly not musicians, were horrific. Lyrically, talent-wise, as performers.

When the main song has such awe-inspiring, thought-provoking lyrics such as: I got a feeling that tonights going to be a good night. Tonights going to be a good, good night."

What can you expect? And to be honest, it is their deepest lyric.

And where does all the anger come from? Between them shouting about the love being gone and that Eminem dude, everyone has a scowl on their face. Pointing at me as if I stole their spirit.

The kids loved it. From what I'm reading, not many others did.

I tried to be fair. I did. When Usher came out I heard that he was a great singer. All I heard him sing were the words, "Oh My Gosh."

Ten times.

Must have taken forever to get those lyrics down.

By the time the guy was doing the days of the week for me...I ain't writing them, we all learn them in pre-k...I had had enough.

"They suck!" I announced by way of verdict. "Talentless!"

Sam, who was stoked about everything, all day long...and was the reason why I skipped any offers for parties...sang to me.

"I got a feeling that tonight's going to be a good night."

"A good, good night," I finished.

Man, I'm getting old and crotchety.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Suits

My Buddy, Dave

Mom & Ollie