The Good Wife

I keep thinking about that congressman, Chris Lee, and the fact that he posed on the Internet as he tried to publicly cheat on his wife.

I'm also caught up, a bit, in thinking about his wife and how he thinks he's going to wiggle out of such a thing. The news reports this morning say that his wife is standing by him, and that they are together in Florida...out of the Buffalo cold...trying to work things out.

Perhaps that's the answer. Maybe I can get a trip to Florida out of the Buffalo cold to talk about the state of my marriage after I appear topless on a website.

But I don't imagine that the man is having much of a vacation.

And I know that if he and his wife switched places with Kathy and me, it would always come back to one fundamental question:

"You took your shirt off?" Kathy might ask. "What in the hell were you trying to bait with such a pose?"

And I won't have much of an answer for her.

Seriously, how do you talk your way out of being busted in such a manner. What can the possible list of excuses consist of?

1). Someone hacked my account, drugged me, took my shirt off, and held me up to pose for the photo?

2). No, no, no, honey, I thought she was you?

3). I was doing an experiment for work? I wanted to see how all of the other stupid Republicans got in trouble!

4). I was going to bring her home so we could both do her?

5). God gave me the courage to take off my shirt and try to pick up chicks.

That's about all I can come up with for this stupid bastard. The people who left comments on the New York Post article actually placed blame with the wife. One wrote that it was her fault because she didn't take care of her husband's needs in the bedroom.

I hope he doesn't try and play this card. How after such a pose can you make yourself a martyr? A huge part of me is hoping that she doesn't take him back and say they will go through therapy to make it together.

I really don't want to hear anything about him anymore because every time I think of him, I hear my wife's voice whispering that one single question in my ear.

"If you were trying to impress the ladies, why in the hell would you take off your shirt off?"

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Suits

My Buddy, Dave

Mom & Ollie