Batten Down the Hatches!

How can I write about anything today other than the coming snowstorm? For sure it is all that anyone is talking about here in Buffalo.

The snow will arrive around ten, they say. We are in for about 16 inches by morning. The morning drive will be so messed up that they have already issued a hazard warning and the kids school already told them to stay home.

I'm sort of all for it. I have a lot of paperwork to do to get ready for the coming weeks, so why the hell not? Tomorrow is pasta day...I can spend some time getting that ready.

Of course, it always brings back memories of 1977 and the blizzard. We got a week off of school then, and we were stuck in the house for so long that I'm sure Mom and Dad were ready to jump out the window into the ten feet high snowdrifts.

My boys have enough to keep them entertained. The X-Box will be burning all day tomorrow. If the snow is real bad in the morning no one will be able to get out, so we won't have to worry about anyone on the roads.

The whole thing has sort of a romantic feel to it, doesn't it?

A lot of times these storms don't turn out quite as bad as the meteorologists point out, but here's hoping that this time they are right.

If I had my way we'd all have Wednesday off anyway, to sort of regroup and hit that second pasta with full force.

I hate the cold. I abhor the snow. My aching bones are already sick of the winter, but I will take this storm as it comes.

Let's go old man winter...I'm already in my pajamas. Let me stay that way until Thursday morning.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Suits

My Buddy, Dave

Mom & Ollie