Senior Citizen Discount?

On the road, a little tired, and certainly looking beat-up, I had dinner at Denny's. I was served by a young, perky girl, probably no more than twenty-five. She was extremely cooperative and shied away when I just wanted to read the sports section.

The problem came at the end of the meal when very politely she asked me if I was eligible for the senior citizen's discount.

"Come on," I said.

"I have to ask if it looks close," she said. Her face was turning three different shades of red.

Close? Close? I'm 16 years away! I'm only 23 years away from being old enough to drink.

"I'm sorry," the girl said.

"It's all right," I said. "I can't rewrite history."

Speaking of rewriting history, what is up with George W? Last week I defended him against the guy who tossed his shoes at him, but today, I'm kind of thinking of lobbing my Nike's in his direction.

In one speech he exclaimed what a great idea that Iraq had been - he went into his 'we need to fight them there so we don't fight them here' garbage - and then explained that Al Qaida in Iraq had to be controlled - that is a rewrite - they weren't there until you opened the gates.

Then today I read a report about his accomplishment of stopping terrorist attacks with his pre-emptive strike. Haven't there been about ten such attacks in India, London, etc...

Certainly there haven't been any here, but who was in charge during 9/11?

The whirlwind tour by Bush is a direct attempt to try and save his legacy.

33 days left - stay inside - people don't want to have to be forced to take off their shoes.

Ah well, Bush had a better day than me.

Senior Citizen Discount, my ass!

Comments

deafjeff said…
Nice, I still get proofed for beer!

Popular posts from this blog

Suits

My Buddy, Dave

Mom & Ollie