New England Book Festival

I've always enjoyed a good working relationship with my publisher - SterlingHouse out of Pittsburgh, Pa.

Recently we've been speaking about not writing so much and perhaps promoting the books a little more.

Well, we entered Nobody's Home in the New England Book Festival in the fiction category, and believe it or not, in a very competitive field - it received an honorable mention as one of the best entries.

I'm not sure how to digest the information, but of course, the ever-encouraging staff at SterlingHouse has congratulated me on the honor.

And it truly never occurred to me that I would have a chance to be honored for something that I wrote. So, maybe, I should feel proud?

Nobody's Home is a story based on a family that was ripped apart by the behavior of the unstable leader. It was a story that I needed to write, to gain an understanding of survival, love, and faith.

I still live about twenty miles where the story unfolded and one of the unbelievable aspects of the story is that the relatives have contacted me, asking me how I gathered all of the information about their lives.

I explained that the story was simply based on what I remembered as a child, but the family had been absolutely isolated from the situation (by the madman) and they are now reading the story as if it is what really happened inside their family.

I've always said that writing is about learning, and that reading something worthwhile is one of life's surest pleasures.

I've received notice for something I wrote.

Okay, I figured out how to feel - I am honored!

Thank you, SterlingHouse.

To order Nobody's Home (an award-winning book) call 1-888-542-2665.

Didn't think you'd get out without a sales pitch, did you?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Suits

My Buddy, Dave

Mom & Ollie