Back to Work

There are so many people talking about losing their jobs and potentially not having anywhere to turn that it was a real pleasure to get up and go to work today.

Besides, my ears are raw from listening to the kids talk non-stop for quite a few days in a row - not that I'd ever complain about that.

I'm sure it was weird for the kids to see me around and completely attentive for the past week or so. We had a Wii shuffleboard tournament that nearly brought the house down yesterday and I learned, beyond a shadow of a doubt, that I can't hang with any of them in XBox hockey. I was soundly smoked by anyone who wanted to play me. It's hell getting old.

We're still staring straight into the face of New Year's Celebrations, but for all intents and purposes it feels like its back to business as usual.

What did I miss while I was away?

The crazed man in the Santa suit that killed his entire family and burned down the house and shot himself to death. Just horrifying - and equally horrifying are the people who never saw it coming. The man shot an 8-year-old girl in the face when she answered the door.

In Philly one man shot another man who was talking too loud during a movie. I suppose that's one way of handling it.

We have more war raging in the Middle East. Seems to me that we didn't really dwell on the Peace on Earth theme this year.

In any regard, I'm back at it, feeling refreshed, but a little concerned about what 2009 will bring.

I guess what I will dwell on most of all is not the crazed Santa or the rude movie-goer, but the fact that I can't beat even my 8-year-old in a game of shuffleboard.

Comments

deafjeff said…
How the hell can't I beat a six year old at bowling? He's never seen the real thing for crying out loud. I got him at tennis thou.

Popular posts from this blog

Suits

My Buddy, Dave

Mom & Ollie