A Job to Do

I had to drive a long ways yesterday to get to where I was needed for my job. Of course, driving leads to thinking, thinking leads to pain, pain leads to depression and there were just so many what-if's in my head. What-if I didn't do my job correctly on any given day. Who WGAF? My client, I suppose, and then my boss when my client griped, then my wife when things fell apart. So, I did my job. Yet I also did it because I care about putting forth a solid effort each and every day.

I started thinking about the people who don't go above and beyond each day. I thought about the people at the hospital - there was a huge difference in the nurse's abilities to care for my brother. There was a nurse who worked so hard that she could have pulled off wearing a sign on her back that said best nurse ever. Then there were others who couldn't be bothered to even stop by every hour or so. Those are the one's who were targets of my anger as I drove.

We all have jobs to do in every given day. A lot of the jobs are not what we would like to be doing, but they need to get done, right? We need to be on to keep from upsetting the old apple cart.

I hate cleaning the dog crap out of the backyard, but if I didn't do it, the kids might play in it, so out it must go. I'm not a huge fan of laundry but every other day, doing it as a team with my wife, at least does the trick.

As I've said much of my drive time was centered on what-ifs. I believe that if all those who cared for Jeff would have done their jobs to the best of their abilities then he'd be rehabbing now. If if's and buts were candy and nuts.

Oh well, it's real early, I'm out of bed, and I'm ready for a very long day. I'll get it all done today and tomorrow will bring more challenges, but no matter what, I'll bring it all today - you never know who's counting on you to get it done right.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Suits

My Buddy, Dave

Mom & Ollie