A Christmas Play, Armageddon, and Ducking Shoes




This little light of mine, I'm going to let it shine,

We went to the kids Christmas play at school - a mob scene of parents and kids singing songs - (at least Kathy wasn't singing along)and it thrilled me to no end to see the boys up there. I really enjoy seeing them out of the home element - they are respectful, courteous and friendly. Besides hearing Sam sing This Little Light is especially thrilling because all we want of our children is to give them a chance to shine their light on the world. By the way, Bruce sings This Little Light with the Seeger Sessions Band - about blew Sam's mind when he heard it.

Spent last evening at the Armageddon Wrestling matches: Uncle Chuck entertained the boys with me as the fireworks went off, the diva's wrestled in skimpy costumes, and the boys watched John Cena and Jeff Hardy win championships. What a business that is! 20,000 people jammed the place and most tickets ran between $50 and $150 - tough economic times, indeed.

Now I've always been a Bush basher - but to see someone hurl their shoes at the President of the United States was more than a little disconcerting. There should be common decency and respect for any human being - let alone the man who is still the leader of the free world. I ran into someone today who thought it was funny and wished that the guy had a little better aim.

As I've said - not a Bush fan - but that was pretty sickening.

This little light of mine, I'm going to let it shine, everyday, everyday, everyday. Jesus gave me life, I'm going to let it shine. Yeah, Jesus gave me life, I'm going to let it shine.

Picture Sam singing it - never thought I'd say it - but he sings it better than Bruce.

Comments

deafjeff said…
Hitting someone with a shoe is the worst you can do to someone in Muslim culture I beleieve. Seems about right to me.

Popular posts from this blog

Suits

My Buddy, Dave

Mom & Ollie