Big Changes in 2009!

Some of my New Year's Resolutions:

--- Go Yanks - The Yanks signed three free agents - I smell title #27 in '09.

--- Gobama - We have a democratic controlled government - I have my fingers crossed that Obama's platform of change works. If not - vote the bastards out next time. President Palin - No! Please God!

--- Enlightenment - Time to stay in control - once more resolution number one is to relax a little and find some patience somewhere. Yet I'm thinking - when I relax, I lose my edge, and when I lose my edge I'm fairly ineffective. Patience versus a potential heart attack - there has to be middle ground.

--- Stephen King Here I Come - Write even more! Always a grand resolution, but I had three books out this year and a highly therapeutic blog - don't know if I can write any more - honestly.

--- Lose weight! F---k it! I love stuffed peppers and pasta and steak, and ribs, and egg sandwiches, and subs - God I love subs. Perhaps I'll just shoot for say a 8,000 calorie a day diet.

Reminds me of a story about Willie Nelson - He built his own golf course and he was walking with a reporter - he said "The best thing about my own golf course is that I can set par on every hole. For instance this hole here would normally be a par 4, but I made it a par 9 on my course, and yesterday I birdied the bastard."

I set a 8,000 calorie diet - I'll be under that - on most days.

--- Save Money! Yeah, in this economy? With three kids on 8,000 calorie a day diets - good luck!

--- Drink less! See above and throw in a wife.

--- All you need is love, love, love - Stay close with real friends, hang with the family, refrain from being a special guest on 48 Hours Mystery, play with the dogs, beat the kids on the Wii, kiss the wife more, swear off yelling to get a point across - all these are sound principles designed to bring me love and adulation.

--- Laugh More! - I love a good joke and a sharp comedy - worse comes to worse I'll watch Stepbrothers again.

--- Stay hard, stay hungry, stay alive..... my three main wishes for '09 with staying alive being the most important - we already know about the hungry part!

Happy New Year!

Comments

John said…
Sometimes making the resolutions public increases the chances of success. Best of the luck not yelling to make a point. I may test that one tonight! Which belongs in school - Darwin or Genesis???
deafjeff said…
I would say Peter Gabriel era Genesis, only because I've haven't seen any evidence of human evolution in a few hundred years. Of course we may have the peak with Cliffy. OF course the chapter of "THE BOOK" should be in school, creative writing classes always need examples.

Popular posts from this blog

Suits

My Buddy, Dave

Mom & Ollie