Close the Shade!

Each and every morning is the same. Some might even say that I have a touch of Sheldon, of The Big Bang Theory in me.

I get out of bed, let the dogs out, get the kid's lunches ready - for tomorrow! - pour a cup of coffee, make fun of Matt regarding the most-recent Bills or Sabres loss, and head off into Sam's room.

He always pretends that he's still asleep, which allows me to pick on him about his bed-time being too late - then he snaps up and tells me he was just faking it. And that's when I do it - I open his window shade to look outside.

Seems as if Sam has a routine of his own - he walks around the house every evening and makes sure that the shades are closed on every window - so the robbers can't look in.

"Oh my God, look at the snow!" I yell. "There can't be any school today."

Yet Sam is beyond being fooled by this - I'd already tricked him before - including declaring a snowstorm in May that made him jump out of bed. Not today.

He closes the shade in one deft pull. I wait a few seconds, engage him in a conversation about school, and open it again.

"Hey!"

It's just a matter of two routines clashing. I just hope and pray that it is the only real routine he has to follow - otherwise he'll be a haunted mess like me!

15 shopping days left!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Suits

My Buddy, Dave

Mom & Ollie