Are You Kidding Me?

There's a story in the NY Post that explains that the Cruise Family and the Beckham Family have decided to join together in something akin to marriage. The story was accompanied with a photo of Cruise and Beckham looking kind of like a man and a man. The story was just a couple of paragraphs long and it basically said that the two couples have felt such a special bond that they want to have a ceremony to voice their feelings for each other.

Does anyone else find this strange?

I mean I have a couple of good buddies and my wife gets along with their wives, but to have a ceremony to tell the world about it?

As a matter of fact, my wife and I usually do a pretty good George Burns-Gracie Allen routine at parties. We'll get into conversation with other couples and my wife will say:

"If something ever happened to me, would you remarry?"
I always, always answer - "No, you ruined it for everyone."
Then I'll say - "Would you remarry?"
"Of course," she'll answer.
"What will he be like?" I'll ask.
"Just like you but physically attractive," she'll answer.

We always get the desired laugh. Yet the story of the Beckham-Cruise marriage??? is mind-boggling. Could you imagine trying to manage a partnership with three other members?

What about the men who have six or seven wives? One question - why? How could you survive such an arrangement - about a third of the year into my marriage to the 2nd woman they'd find me hanging in a closet somewhere.

So for my money, the Tom Cruise story is almost as weird as A-Rod hooking up with the old rock star when he could pick and choose models for each day of the week.

I suppose love is blind, and in some of these cases deaf and dumb too.

I wish Tom and David all the luck in the world.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Suits

My Buddy, Dave

Mom & Ollie