No! Not Manny!!!!

There are reports out there that the Yankees might be interested in Manny Ramirez. Please, God, let it be just a rumor. How would I possibly explain rooting for him? After all of these years of bashing him for being the dullest knife in the drawer, how could I possibly love him if he donned the pinstrips?

For all intents and purposes Manny is not a great leader, teammate, or role model. When he was with the Red Sox I rooted for him to be the world's biggest distraction. When he was traded to the Dodgers, I hoped that I would never see him play against the Yankees again.

Now they are talking about having him play for them?

Baseball, in the grand scheme of things is not very important, but I have always enjoyed watching the Yankees. Over the last 5 years or so my excitement for the games has been tempered by the fact that I didn't really love the players. I miss Bernie, I miss O'Neill and Cone, and Tino. When the boys were winning it all they were easy to love. When I didn't know how much money they made it was even more fun.

I spend all day telling my buddies about what a good guy Jeter is - and I still have Mariano and Posada.

Over time, I even grew to like Damon!

But Manny? Manny freaking Ramirez?

He would provide a lot of protection for Madonna's boyfriend though.

Comments

deafjeff said…
Yeah just like Clemens and Boggs. .340/50/130 will do wonders for my rooting interests.

Popular posts from this blog

Suits

My Buddy, Dave

Mom & Ollie