The Wish

I heard the Stones - You Can't Always Get What You Want - today. I've always loved the Stones, by the way, but Mick Jagger is just a little too strange for me to have as an idol, like say, Springsteen.

Anyway, that song's refrain hammers it home, but if you try sometimes, you'll get what you need.

I got to wondering that if I got three wishes from saying rubbing the genie's lamp, I might have a hard time figuring it all out. More money, of course, why not? Set the family up for generations - that might be cool. What after that? World Peace? Come on, would you waste one of your own wishes on that?

Good health? Certainly a desirable wish, but for how long? Is that even on the menu? A pool for the kids? Not happening.

There are certainly people out there who would wish for even more wishes. How did I get to be such a simpleton when it comes to wanting things?

I'm not after a fancy car, or new clothes - (those of you who've seen my style might wish that for me), but I certainly must frustrate those who need to buy me presents. I don't want anything.

All right, my selfish wishes - 1). Make me independently wealthy 2). Let the Yankees win the World Series every year 3). Two hours drinking beer with Springsteen

The practical list: 1). The cash - always take the cash. 2). Healthy kids 3). Love in my heart.

With those three things - I'm thinking around a cool billion will get it done - I can pretty much handle anything. Say - I already have 2 out of 3 - and as Meatloaf says - that ain't bad.

Perhaps Jagger was on to something - I got what I need.

Comments

deafjeff said…
1. Enough cash to live off the interest.
2. The love of a good woman.(My wife always tells me she'll keep a lookout for me.)
3. Have the kid be able to hear.

That is all

Popular posts from this blog

Suits

My Buddy, Dave

Mom & Ollie