Stealing Grave Markers?

The news continues to be dour on the economic front. I read an article about plummeting stocks and banks that are on the verge of closing because of a poor cash flow. On the opposite side of the page was even more distressing news.

A few men from Niagara Falls were arrested for stealing vases off of graves in cemeteries around the area. They were then selling the metal vases to scrap yards. About five grand was made and split among the grave robbers.

Grave robbers! Are you kidding me?

One of the arrested men said something about feeling funny since they started robbing the vases. But he also complained about needing the money for gas and food. I suppose, but can you imagine sitting down to a steak dinner knowing that you were profiting from the poor people who gathered together to memoralize their grandmother, or aunt, or mother. Good grief, God can't look too favorably on that crime, right?

I also continued to monitor the presidential election and it seems to me that you'd just be better off keeping your mouth shut. Obama answered a question about immigrants not speaking the language with a fairly harmless comment about how it would be nice if we all spoke a couple of different languages and the McCain camp spun it into a negative by saying that Obama wants Americans to speak Spanish.

Perhaps that it was I hate most about politics - the negative, negative, negative feeling of all of it. I thought of the fear-mongering of the coded terrorist warnings immediately following 9/11 - what color was dangerous again? Are we still on high alert?

I suppose, at the end of the day, it is difficult to separate truth from fiction - but there is one thing I do know - people shouldn't be disturbing the dead. That one just doesn't feel right at all.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Suits

My Buddy, Dave

Mom & Ollie