Milkman & Shadow

My boys named the dog Melky after Yankee center-fielder, Melky Cabrera. If I would have had my way - we would have called her Chien-Ming-Wang. Yet, my wife didn't want us yelling - "Here Wang, here Wang," through the neighborhood.

Anyway - these two dogs are so much in love - they are never more than a foot apart and each day starts the same - I tell Melky to give Shadow a kiss - and I swear to God, she licks the side of Shadow's face.

Being a terrier, Melky is extremely possessive and it's never more noticeable than when I toss the tennis ball off the side of the garage - in Shadow's younger days, she caught thirty-two in a row without a miss - now, she can't catch more than one or two because Melky hits her like Dick Butkus whenever she makes a play for the ball.

They say that having dogs is good for your health as it helps to relieve stress - I have to say that I absolutely agree. It really doesn't matter if I'm acting like an ass (which I do a few times per week) they are always right there waiting.

Besides, I think their names would be perfect for a buddy detective movie - The Milkman and Shadow - perfect - they could fight crime with tennis balls and milk bones.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Suits

My Buddy, Dave

Mom & Ollie