Sean & Sonia's Castle

We're staying on vacation at someone else's home near Put in Bay Ohio. I was wandering around the backyard and saw the jungle gym made for Sean and Sonia back in 1977. There are 4 swings, a tire to swing on, a fort with the names written in and some monkey bars and a slide. The thing is really well-built and even though 30+ years have passed it's in great shape.

The other night I had a few beers (believe it or not) and thought about Sean and Sonia and wondered where they were now. I thought of them as adults, with their own families now, and wondered if they ever came back to look at their old fort and gym set.

Having my own children and waiting on them to grow into adults, I consider their lives now and wonder if they will be able to look back with appreciation and a sense of wonder in how much their parents loved them.

Sean and Sonia's parents loved them - I imagined the happiness they felt when they first laid eyes on the gym set. I imagined them swinging high in the air, laughing and living and sharing. I could almost see them hanging out in the fort, high above the ground, just spending time together, being brother and sister.

I hope they never lost the innocence that I imagined that they held back in 1977. I figure that they are both around my age now.

All of these things entered my mind and my heart felt a little light as I imagined their perfect existence. Perhaps it is the writer in me that made me consider all of it...then again, maybe it was the beer.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Suits

My Buddy, Dave

Mom & Ollie