Blind Spot

A few years ago I had a book signing in my hometown. Signing books in my hometown is a little dicey because I know everyone and they know my family. Chances are the person getting the book feels that they should be getting it for free for all they've done for me through the years. I'm often a little embarrassed and a lot less hopeful that things are going to go smoothly. I once had an Aunt who stood off to the side of the line and said - "Are you going to pay for a copy? I have one at home I can lend you."

Another time I was promoting my new book when my mother stood beside me and said - "I liked his book before this one better. This one has a lot of swear words in it."

Thanks Mom. Yet at this particular signing a few years ago, a long-time friend waited for me as the people visiting my table stopped chatting. He stood before me and said, "You know when my son died in that car accident, I thought of you. I wondered if you could make sense of it for me."

Of all the moments writing - and through all of the strange book signing incidents that was the most stirring of questions. I held a lump in my throat as we spoke for the next twenty minutes. We talked of faith, and loss and grieving, and the pain in his face and running through his voice, stayed with me for so long. A year or so later, I began work on a book where I felt that loss.

Blind Spot's new cover is featured. In the center of the O - it says - "He Never Saw it Coming."

They say that writing is all about sharing an experience and breaking it down for the reader - I'm proud of this book. I'm hoping that I helped anyone dealing with grief. I tried to answer the questions one at a time and I put a lot of life, love, faith and hope and mixed it all around.

The book is available for pre-orders at www.sterlinghousepublisher.com - don't be like my Aunt and pass your copy around!

Comments

deafjeff said…
You always picked on me for reading Stephen King's monthly offering. You seem to be trying to match his output.

Popular posts from this blog

Suits

My Buddy, Dave

Mom & Ollie