Taking a Break

Vacation! I always believed it might be interesting to try and take a few days off - never actually tried it after the kids were born, but here I sit with sunburn on the top of my balding head; I had a few drinks, some great stuffed peppers and I even jumped into the pool and got ducked by the boys.

What I'm trying to vacation from is a mind-numbing routine of madness where I do what all of you who are currently working do. What the hell is the matter with us?

One of the songs playing near the pool last night was Check it Out by Mellencamp, you know it - Check it Out - get too drunk on Saturday, check it out play football with the kids on Sunday, check it out, soaring with the eagles all week long and this is all that we've learned about living.

Well I'm changing - I'm not going to be so wound up anymore - I'm going to throw the ball around with the kids, hang out with the wife, go in the pool, drink more, golf more.....

First I need to check my work e-mail.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Suits

My Buddy, Dave

Mom & Ollie