And the Wonder of it All Is?

--- I think of my 10-year-old son, Jacob, standing before the TV - hoping Jason Giambi gets a hit because since he was young, I've called Jake - "Jacob" Giambi because he hits from the left-side- if the real Giambi does something, my boy looks at me with a heart-filled of pride.

--- I think of my mother as she considers a dog who died over twenty years ago - and cries - or of who thinks of a grandson opening a Christmas present and also cries.

--- I think of my sisters and how they were always right there beside me and how they believe in me more than I do myself.

--- I think of my boy, Sam, who will talk - uninterrupted for ten hours - because he's so secure in everything about himself.

--- I think of my older brother who spent years beating the holy hell out of me - and then beat up a neighbor kid who had the audacity to say something negative about me.

--- I think of my younger brothers who made me laugh until I just gave up on laughing.

--- I think of my dogs who would jump through a plate glass window to save me.

--- I think of Matt - who is so strong in his beliefs that it infuriates me!

--- I think of my wife who loves me when the hundreds of women before her thought I was something of a joke. F---K them! Kathy won!

--- I think of God - whom I considered has always loved me - even when I didn't deserve it.

--- I think of absolute bosom buddies from days gone by - who are still so alive in my heart.

--- And I consider that all of the answers to all of the wonders - is love and that's the wonder of it all, isn't it?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Suits

My Buddy, Dave

Mom & Ollie