Season Tickets Anyone

Heard a report that it is going to cost around $20,000 per ticket for the right to transfer your old ticket to the new Yankee Stadium. That is simply the right to keep your seat - then you have to pay for it. When I was in New York earlier in the year my seat went face-value for $180. Let's do the math, shall we - $14,580 for 81 home games and the $20,000 fee - anyone have $34,580 sitting around?

I also played in a golf tourney with former Buffalo Sabre Jay McKee - his truck was parked in half the parking lot - it was an International truck face with a souped-up body - tv's, the whole nine yards - rumor through the clubhouse was that he paid $250,000 for it. Quick - anyone know how many goals a year Jay McKee scores. Try about six more than me and I can't even stand up on skates. My Freestyle just went over 105,000 miles and survived a minor traffic mishap - I have no aspirations on buying a new vehicle, either - just want to fill this one with gas every so often.

What the hell happened? How did sports stars become such royalty? I had an Uncle who pitched in the major leagues - Marion Fricano - look it up - he had a baseball card and everything. He pitched for the A's in the 1950's - know why he quit? He couldn't make ends meet on a pro ball salary.

I love sports - always have - but watching A-Rod go 0 for 4 in a game doesn't do much for me when I know that he gets paid about $145,000 per game. Think of that - three or four or five times the normal American salary per game!

And it doesn't stop there - what about movie stars - twenty mil a film - for what - six weeks work? And I am of the opinion that I can be an actor - give me the lines, I'll read 'em. Hell, Keeanu Reeves can do it.

I'm tired today - 6:30 AM to 7 PM for about 300 days a year will do that - and Thank God the Yankees are on tv tonight - perhaps A-Rod will hit one out - that's not too much to ask for, is it?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Suits

My Buddy, Dave

Mom & Ollie