Oh Shit, I Woke Up Again!

I kind of knew that I'd be with my wife for a long time when shortly after I met her she told a co-worker that bitched so much that she could almost hear him in the morning shortly after he opened his eyes. "Your first words every day are, oh, shit, Woke up again!" she said.

The co-worker bitched at her assessment.

The reason why this was so funny to me - so shortly after meeting my wife - was because I absolutely hate whiners - and the guy she was talking to was the world's greatest whiner. While being a great guy with a huge sense of humor, this guy hated his job and all the people who were bringing him down. Every sentence was sprinkled with hate for the men (his employers) who were torturing him on a daily basis.

It is so easy to find an excuse for all that bad that is happening - Springsteen wrote a song - "So they gave it a Name" and there is theory after theory of what now ails us - think about it - thirty years ago did you know what attention-deficit disorder was? How about extreme deficiency syndrome? Or anti-Yankee disease? Which the Red Sucks followers are suffering from.

Anyway, we can probably name everything that bothers us - for some people - rising is an absolute chore - and actually living is complete hell - and waking up is a monumental task that should carry us through the day.

I am a semi-positive person - although I have my moments when all hope seems lost - I'm fortunate to have a wife beside me who understands that waking up each morning is an absolute privilege.

We all know chronic complainers, come on, let's get a campaign started that talks about what is right with the world rather than that which is wrong.

Do you think we stand a chance?

What the hell good will it do?

Comments

"Change your mind, you can change your life..."

Popular posts from this blog

Suits

My Buddy, Dave

Mom & Ollie