There Isn’t Any Objectivity

In college, I studied journalism.

As a kid, I really wanted to be a sportswriter like Oscar Madison.

I did my senior thesis in front of five faculty members and it was a 3-hour session. I was the first person to ever do my thesis without notes.

I had a personal gripe with the news media because of how they presented a case to my hometown.

Now, back then, there was the possibility that the news was trying to be objective.

Report the facts.

Don’t interject personal feelings.

Don’t be a part of the story.

Back in 1986, towards the end of my thesis presentation I broke the news:

“There is zero objectivity possible.”

Biden dropping out hit me hard, not because I needed or wanted him to stay in the race. The man is 81 years old - I’m nearing 60 - and I know that in short order my number one goal of each day will be to grab a quick nap.

I can now fall asleep while watching a show, or reading a book. At 81, I’m imagining my day will go something like this:

Get up, watch television, eat something, nap, walk around the block, nap, eat something, nap, watch a show, read a little and go to bed.

But I digress…

…what angers me is that, much as they did with Hillary, this was a straight up hatchet job.

Perhaps Biden was too old to hold the office, but for the better part of a month every show and all of the stations honed in on the subject and beat the guy to death with it.

He flubbed sentences. He seemed confused. He walked across the lawn as any 81-year old man might.

All of that is true.

Yet what is also true is that the other candidate is giving a tribute to Hannibal Lector at every rally.

He tells hundreds of lies in a half-hour speech. He has his cult world believing that Kim-Jong and Putin are good dudes. He has also told everyone that Democrats want doctors to perform abortions after the baby is born. He talks about sharks and cancer-causing windmills that kill birds.

Straight up garbage.

And yet, what does the media do?

Eats up the story that he was shot by a bullet from an AR-15 - no demand for medical records - no questions about how all of that went down…

…instead they wonder if he will now be a softer spoken unifier of the country.

Do your job!!!

Perhaps Biden was unfit for the position…

…the other guy most definitely is…

…but the next article about his fitness for office…

…will be the first.

There are just about 100 days until the election…

…make the other totally unqualified candidate drop out.

The media has the power…

…and if they were even a little objective…

…we’d have a totally new election.

Pisses me off.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My Buddy, Dave

Mom & Ollie

Eyes on the Horizon