Hot Enough For You?

Tee time was set for 7:40.

I was excited to play. Pulled one way left. 

Tee shot on 2 was worse, and then everything fell into place and it was a great round.

It got a little warm on the back 9 and I enjoyed every second of it.

I won’t ever bitch about the heat because I hate the cold so much…

…but it was warm!

Stopped by Mom’s and noticed that my brother had cut and piled branches from all the trees.

That was code for:

“You better pick those up.”

My shirt could’ve been wrung out by the time I scrapped everything.

I let my brother know I took care of it and he texted:

“Are you nuts? It’s way too hot.”

You know who else doesn’t mind the heat?

Yeah.

Ollie was waiting with his new Bills ball.

We played until he couldn’t catch his breath.

And we talked about Western New York’s summer weather - it’s the best.

I spent a summer in Baltimore.

The heat was way too stifling.

It’s like 125 in Vegas, right?

Arizona, Texas, California…

…way too hot there.

They’re talking about 90 degrees tomorrow.

One of the guys we were paired with was about my age - he hit a long drive on 18 and I congratulated him…

…”I have no idea how I managed that,” he said. “I’m so damn exhausted from this heat that I don’t know how I lifted my arms.”

We laughed.

“Only a few more swings,” I said.

“Yep. Then I’m gonna’ sleep for a while.”

The dog days of summer.

Love it.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My Buddy, Dave

Mom & Ollie

Eyes on the Horizon