My Television Crushes

It all started with Lyndsy Wagner when she was on ‘The Bionic Woman’.

I was just a kid, but man, I was head over heels in love with her. I used to hate the scenes with Lee Majors where they talked about their love.

(I also realized that if it came down to either me or Lee Majors I was gonna’ lose - dude was married to Farrah Fawcett for crying out loud - I was 6’ tall, 110 pounds with zits).

Around that time I was also wildly attracted to Winnie Cooper on ‘The Wonder Years’.

I’m pretty sure that the show was so well-written that I was in love with Winnie because the stories were so heartwarming.

I had to move on.

My next love was Angie Harmon when she first hit ‘Law & Order’. To this day, I will watch the dated episodes of that show and not follow the plot at all. 

I only look up when I hear Angie’s voice. As a matter of fact, Rizzoli & Isles still makes my watch list as I’m writing reports - Angie is a classic beauty (and my cousin Gail had her as a student years and years ago!)

The all-time love, of course, is Claire Danes.

From ‘My So Called Life’ on through ‘Homeland’ and the aftermath - I’ve been with Claire through all of it.

When she is sad in a story, I’m sad.

I could barely watch the love scenes in ‘Homeland’.

“That dude is a piece of shit!” I’d yell at the screen. 

Kathy would give me crazy looks.

“I hurt when she hurts,” I’d say, and that would be good for a laugh.

There were others, of course.

Jennifer Aniston in the early days of ‘Friends’ was ridiculously beautiful….

…and now, we see a wife on a show making dinner, or doing the dishes, or asking her husband what he wants.

“She’s cooking HIM dinner,” I’ll yell out.

“That’s just television,” Kathy says. “It’s all make believe.”

This post was inspired strictly by a mention of ‘The Bionic Woman’ on a show we were watching…

…I’m still not over it and Lyndsy Wagner is now 75 years old.

And she’s still beautiful.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Suits

My Buddy, Dave

Mom & Ollie