Glorious


Greystone is a tremendous golf course in the Rochester area.

Just a beautiful place, and every hole is a challenge. I’d played it before a few years back, but taking advantage of a week off, I called my Syracuse buddy and we arranged the outing.

Best part was my buddy, Al was also free to play…

…and the fact that the constitution is being trampled only came up once.

As my son, Sam has said:

“The best thing about golf is that nothing else matters when I have a golf club in my hand.”

I agree, and I had a tremendous round a few weeks back so I’m not even worried all that much about how I’m scoring - I scored decently and had a great 6 or 7 hole stretch - but there were a half dozen times when I looked around.

At one point, I turned and checked out the scenery from the green and I just nodded to Al.

“It’s beautiful,” he said, knowing exactly what my head nod meant.

The sun was shining.

Not a cloud in the sky.

Great conversation among all of us, and a few laughs.

Towards the end of the round we got a look at a young kid  - about 8 years old - who had a perfect swing.

The last hole is picturesque.

The kid was about 130 yards from the green - he had to carry it over 120 yards of water.

We were all transfixed, and to be honest, I was waiting for the splash…

…but the kid put it on the green.

We saw the boy and his Dad in the restaurant following the round and Dad said:

“He just loves the game.”

Awesome.

On the drive home I was thinking about that kid playing a round about 50 years from now…

…think 2074…

…with good friends.

Still chasing the ball around.

I was a little jealous because in 2074 I’ll be 110 and will be struggling to score less than my age!

Great day.

Tired, sore and tan.

Playing again tomorrow.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Suits

My Buddy, Dave

Mom & Ollie