Let’s Go!

I played 72 holes of golf in 7 days.

I made a number of good dinners, cleaned the house, arranged a number of drawers, did laundry, worked on the next book, played a lot of catch with big O, and hung around with Miller.

I never slept past 6:30, but I suppose that might come if I was off for a longer stretch, but around 5:00 on Sunday afternoon I had a huge thought:

“Let’s go!”

I need to visit a few construction sites!

Yet I don’t know if that will be possible today because all the paperwork isn’t quite set, and evidently new jobs require a background check which takes a while even though I’ve never had more than a speeding ticket and I can’t even remember the last time I got one of those - has to be about ten years!

So, I’m chomping at the bit a little about now. When we played 18 yesterday morning, I missed a drive on 14.

Pulled up on it.

A little fatigued!

Hit another crappy drive on 15.

“I gotta go back to work.”

And the funny thing is that one of my clients sent me an invite to golf today.

“I’d like to go to work!” I answered. “Hope I can!”

As the kids say,

LFG!!!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My Buddy, Dave

Mom & Ollie

Eyes on the Horizon