Skipped One

Sometimes it seems like Friday takes a month to arrive.

I even skipped a blog this morning!

Was a crazy, intense, busy week as I had to get all the clients from my old place of employment to my new one.

While that sounds easy enough there was a bit of trepidation as I am getting older and perhaps some would go elsewhere or take the time to reconsider what they were doing with the plan for the safety of their employees.

I sent the paperwork out and it came flying back in. A couple of days was all it took, but it was all a validation of my years of work.

I mentioned to one guy - a client I’ve had for about 20 years - that I was concerned about everyone signing back up.

“Dude, you’re a rock star,” he said.

Well, if I’m a rock star I’m like Jagger at 81.

‘Cause I’m worn out!

I doubt Mick even feels this bad after one of his long shows.

Friday night was a night for a large T-bone with sweet corn and fried potatoes.

A game of catch with Ollie and then we settled in.

Saturday will be a day of rest before a round of golf on Sunday.

It’ll get easier, I’m sure as I settled into a routine that will be suspiciously like my old routine…

…but for now…

…I’ll just be sitting here.

Like a rock star is apt to do.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My Buddy, Dave

Mom & Ollie

Eyes on the Horizon