God Saved Him

Mike Johnson was interviewed at the Republican National Terrorist Conference and he went on record saying that God intervened and saved the big orange dude.

He’s not the only one saying such things.

God spared the dumpster fire so that he can save America.

Good Lord.

What does the family of the retired firefighter think?

That God didn’t like him?

I’m trying my best here to not downplay the violence. It’s a sad place to live now and has been since Columbine.

God wasn’t available to spare the children at Sandy Hook?

God didn’t care for the people at the country concert in Las Vegas?

Color me skeptical, but I have a feeling that if God were going to protect people from harm he’d have criteria for making such decisions wouldn’t he?

I have an idea that God might go out of his way to save a child who is stricken with cancer.

Or a 50-year old man who is in the process of raising his children. I lost a friend a little while back. A really good guy, who worked hard, helped people, was always kind, and loved his wife and kids.

He dropped dead.

God must’ve been following the thrice-married, eternal cheater and fraud to make sure he didn’t fall out of his golf cart.

It’s not just this event from the rally…

…I hear people say things as Johnson said all the time.

Someone beats cancer and they say, “God is good.”

If they don’t beat cancer, their family says, “God has a plan.”

I have faith - grew up following the teachings of Jesus and reading the Bible and going to mass.

If God was saving people or punishing people based on how they behave wouldn’t death row be a straight up cancer ward?

Good, faithful people would live to 150 and none of the poor, innocent people who were gunned down at church, at the movies, while grocery shopping, at school…

…well, those folks would have had bullets just nick their ears.

Spare me, Mike Johnson…

…God didn’t spare the cult leader so he could cheat at golf the next day.

My God…

…He spared him.

Give me a break.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My Buddy, Dave

Mom & Ollie

Eyes on the Horizon