Late Night Lock Up

We stumbled onto a true crime show that is a little like ‘Cops’.

The show ‘Late Night Lock Up’ was funny at first, as cop cameras caught a few rather entertaining interviews with drunken idiots.

“How many drinks have you had tonight?”

“A thousand,” one big woman answered. “Wasn’t enough.”

There was another incident involving a young man whose car started on fire. The cops were cordial to the kid, who came across as polite and simply caught in a bad situation.

“I’m going to run up to that gas station and get a drink and some food for my dog,” the kid said.

Well, the gas station was closed. 

The kid broke in, took what he needed and left his bank card on the counter to pay for what he took when the store reopened.

“What made you think you could break into a store?” The cop asked.

“I don’t know, I took a couple of hits of acid,” the kid said. “Wasn’t thinking clearly.”

So, good for some laughs…

…but as moved through a few episodes, I started to get sad.

There are so many mentally ill, self-medicating, rage-filled people running around the streets.

These people are filled with horrible anger and they’re screaming about how unfair everything is in their lives and how it isn’t their fault at all.

“I’m a Trumper!” One drunken man screamed in a hospital waiting room where he was waiting for treatment while wearing handcuffs. “You can arrest me and I’ll get out of this if I have to call the man myself!”

The cops laughed.

I didn’t..

I was thinking about all of it the next morning.

Where has all the rage come from?

Why are people, in general, more nasty than they used to be?

It kind of came full circle to me as I waited at a red light - first in line - a pedestrian waited until that precise moment to start crossing the street in front of me.

She looked at me, and I smiled and waved her by.

She then proceeded to walk as slowly as she possibly could in front of me.

A little thing…

…but it struck me as insanely rude.

The main theme seems to be:

“This is about me. Who gives a flying shit about you?”

Made me think a little more.

Jake, as a youngster, when he grow irritated would say:

“This isn’t your world, you know. I’m here too.”

One more example to illustrate my point:

In the woods at our favorite golf course there are very often beer cans in the woods…

…mere feet from the trash cans.

“Who does this?” I asked carrying three cans out of the woods and tossing them into the garbage.

I’m glad I only have fifty or sixty years left…

…people are too rude.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My Buddy, Dave

Mom & Ollie

Eyes on the Horizon