Just A Sad Day

I remember when Reagan was shot.

I was mortified by it.

How could that happen in America?

Of course, over the last 20 years or so we have grown numb to gun violence.

There has been horrific violence in almost ever possible setting.

Gun violence at an outdoor political rally. Not a shocker.

One dead, shooter dead and a politician injured.

My first instinct was to turn off all media.

I went to Amazon Prime and put on a repeat of ‘The Middle’.

Axel, Sue and Brick broke the living room window and tried to hide it from Frankie & Mike.

I couldn’t listen to the ‘Thoughts & Prayers’ and all the ‘we’re better than this as Americans’ or ‘we need to unite.’

I don’t know much about being a member of the secret service but one witness was saying that he and a few others were watching the guy, with a rifle on his back, climb his way to the roof.

The cops evidently ignored the guy.

Also, after the politician was helped to his feet, the secret service allowed him to stand up and pump his fist and scream whatever he screamed, in full view of whatever threat was out there.

Seems insane to me.

This week will be full of misinformation and fingers pointing in all directions.

Just as it happens with every mass shooting.

Nothing can be done about any of it…

…we need more prayer at schools.

…we need to have dinner as a family.

Blah, blah, blah, blah, blah….

…I went back to ‘The Middle’ - Sue made the tennis team.

I don’t mean to be callous.

Or lacking in compassion.

Nothing we can do.

After Reagan was shot assault rifles were banned.

Remember the Brady bill?

Shootings stopped for a long while.

But the gun lobby won.

America lost.

Why should I worry about it?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My Buddy, Dave

Mom & Ollie

Eyes on the Horizon