⚾️ All-Star Game Memories ⚾️

Taking a break from the insanity of the world - how does a political candidate say, ‘he is noxious’ or ‘like Hitler’ and then accept the nomination to be the next vice president for the guy?

Why do they all line up behind the biggest fraud this country has ever seen?

Whatever. 

This is about baseball.

I usually cherish the time at the all-star break to take my own break from baseball and this year is no different, but true to my ‘break’ rules, I watched the first round of the home run derby and checked in on the Yankee AB’s in the game.

As for the derby - Judge would win it every year if he so desired. He would’ve destroyed the field on Monday.

As for the game - Soto had a 2-run double. Man can play the game.

Some of my fondest all-star game memories include Reggie hitting the light board in Detroit way back in 1971 - a mythical blast that turned into the inspiration for the end of ‘The Natural’.

Reggie was a true superstar. I was a youngster - just 6 years old.

“He demolished the lights,” I told my Dad the next day, and of course, I just couldn’t bring it up on my phone to show him, but we watched that clip a lot.

Then there was Fred Lynn coming up in the 1980’s with the bases loaded.

“He’s going to hit a grand slam,” I told my brother, Jeff, who bet me $10 it wouldn’t happen.

Lynn homered to right on the next pitch - and I don’t believe there has been another grand slam in the all-star game since.

(Never saw the $10 either).

Jeter won an all-star game MVP because he’s Jeter. 

(I miss him).

I did watch Mariano’s final all-star game appearance as well.

It’s the only all-star game that has any value whatsoever- I believe the NBA game ended up in the 200’s point-wise and in the NHL there are usually like 35 goals.

No one is trying.

The NFL totally shit-canned their game.

So, there is no baseball today or tomorrow.

A nice little break for all of us rabid baseball fans…

…except this year…

…as we listen to lap dogs roll over and kiss the ring of the most vile man any of us have ever seen.

Ah hell…

…cut the break short, huh?

Life is too ridiculous right now to try it without the Yankees.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My Buddy, Dave

Mom & Ollie

Eyes on the Horizon