Bob Newhart - Legend

We watched the first Bob Newhart Show as a family. Bob was a psychiatrist and the show was funny every week.

Back in those days, the entire family sat together in one room and we all watched the same shows each week.

I learned to really love Bob Newhart’s comedy timing, his laid-back personality and Suzanne Pleshette, his beautiful wife.

Newhart was also a great standup comic and I watched a number of his specials.

Then he was an inn owner in Vermont and played the same sort of character as he did in the first show…

…hitting the crazy characters around him with his dry wit.

That show ended with him in bed with Suzanne Pleshette saying that he had a dream about being an inn owner.

Perfect ending to a show.

Newhart later appeared on “The Big Bang Theory” and those were the only episodes I liked.

Of course, Newhart had a great long life. 

94 years is a great run.

Yet, when I heard about his death, I was instantly back in the living room at Mom & Dad’s house, laughing at that first show.

What a week, huh for 1970 and 1980 celebrities…

…Richard Simmons, Bob Newhart, Shannon Doherty, Dr. Ruth.

I guess it’s the circle of life, right?

All new people…

…but Newhart will be around for a long, long time.

Funny guy.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My Buddy, Dave

Mom & Ollie

Eyes on the Horizon