“You Suck, Blue!”

I was flipping around on the MLB app and saw that the Angels-Orioles game was a one-run affair in the bottom of the 9th.

I clicked over to it just in time to see an Angels play try to steal second to get into scoring position. 

He looked safe, but was called out.

There was a replay review and they put the play on the Jumbotron at the stadium and the home team roared because it truly showed the runner to be safe.

They didn’t - for some reason - despite clear proof - overturn the call and the game ended.

“Horrible!” I called out.

Yesterday, Aaron Boone was thrown out of a game because a fan was yelling at the ump.

“I didn’t say anything!” Boone argued.

“I don’t care who said it;” the ump said. After the game, despite video evidence that Boone didn’t say a word, the ump stuck to his story.

After the Lakers lost the other night, resident crybaby Flopster James, went on a rampage against the refs for missing a foul call. It didn’t matter that the Lakers had blown a 20-point lead, or that James could’ve won the game had he not clanked a 3-pointer…

…it was the refs fault.

I can’t take the refs, officials or umpires side here…

…while they’re human and the games are fast…

…it isn’t their mistakes that I hate…

….its the fact that they never say, “Yeah. I blew it.”

Instead, they double down, and are arrogant about it.

“You’re missing a good game, blue,” was always my favorite rant against an official.

There is technology out there that can take some of the guesswork out of it…

…but if it is all taken out of the hands of human officials…

…who will LeBron blame when he loses?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Suits

My Buddy, Dave

Mom & Ollie