The Masters

Every once in a while I’ll have golf on television and my wife will say:

“Are you kidding me? We’re watching this?”

Actually playing golf feels like it’s about 3 more months away - the high for next weekend is like 49 degrees.

So watching a little of the Masters was fun for a minute.

And I’m going to miss Verne Lundquist who was a great announcer - he did his last Masters.

We’re losing our beloved announcers as they age out. Al Michaels is probably the next to go.

The fun of watching professionals golf is in trying to imagine what clubs I’d have to use when they’re hitting a 9-iron 190 yards.

“That would be my 3 hybrid,” I mentioned.

The putts?

That’s a whole ‘nother atory.

They line up and sink uphill, downhill and wide-breaking putts that turn one last time to fall into the hole.

If I were taking some of those 25-footers I’d leave them about 30’ away.

They’re freaks.

They chip it to within 6’ from 220 yards out, and then act disgusted that they didn’t get it closer.

I hit the green from 220 and I’m writing a blog about it.

I didn’t get to watch much of the golf yesterday. We compromised on the Yankees game. Kathy is much more open to watching baseball and we have caught more than half of the Yankees 12-4 start of the season.

She has one solid opinion:

“That Soto guy is pretty damn good.”

Rain and storms and dark skies…

…no fun!

I need to swing a club!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Suits

My Buddy, Dave

Mom & Ollie